1st PHASE: REGISTRATION / FROM 1 DECEMBER 2021 TO 28 FEBRUARY 2022,
UNTIL 12:00AM (BRUSSELS TIME, UTC+2)
Each candidate must register by e-mail at the following address:
• Subject of the mail: BDC 2022, Last name, First name
• Content of the mail:
o Last name, first name, date of birth, address (+ country), email address, phone number
o Two videos with YouTube or Vimeo links:
- Video A: a sequence of maximum 5 minutes showing your work in the studio, in contemporary dance (either a self-choreographed solo or an improvisation that reflects your work and personality/ no extracts from shows/ free choice of music);
- Video B: a short oral presentation of yourself, about your background and your dance.
PLEASE NOTE: Do not forget to provide us passwords to access the videos.
o a face photo (recent);
o A short and updated CV.
Video File A
This video file must contain all the elements mentioned below. For lack of this requirement, the selection panel can exclude a candidate.
• Make sure that the image quality is good.
• The camera should be positioned at an angle that shows the dancer at her/his best. The camera should not move.
• Sound should not be recorded separately and edited on the video. No teacher's voice should be heard.
• We strongly don’t recommend you to film the dancer against the light (facing a window during the day).
• Make sure the lighting is good. Turn on the lights in the studio if needed.
• The video should be shoot in one go (unedited sequence shot to avoid faking).
• Upload the video to a media such as YouTube or Vimeo.
Video content A
A video of maximum 5 minutes showing your work in the studio, in contemporary dance: either a self-choreographed solo or an improvisation that reflects your work and your personality. This video should give a good insight of the candidate's technical abilities and artistic expression. The artistic work presented by the dancers should be original and unique.
Clothes for Video A
If the background is dark, wear a light-colored outfit and vice versa if the background is light, so that body lines and steps are clearly visible. Avoid baggy outfits and lined clothing.
Video File B
This video file must contain all the elements requested below. For lack of this requirement, the selection panel can exclude a candidate.
• Make sure that the image quality is good.
• Make sure that the lighting is good.
• Prefer a close shot (face and upper body).
Video content B
A short video presentation (1 to 3 minutes maximum): Introduce yourself and explain in a few words what your artistic projects are, and/or what your inspirations are as a dancer. Do you already have ideas for a theme for your solo, etc.
Registration is open from 1 December 2021 to 28 February 2022.
The registration documents and video material needed for the pre-selection must be sent to the competition mailbox (email@example.com) before 28 February 2022, at noon (12:00 Brussels time, UTC+2).
Candidates must pay a non-refundable registration fee of 18 euros. This amount must be paid by bank transfer or by PayPal (with an additional fee of 1.50 euros) to the account of the ASBL Antigone, before 5 March 2022.
Two payment terms are proposed:
1/ BANK TRANSFER
Registration fee: 18 euros
Beneficiary: Antigone ASBL
IBAN: BE47 6718 4739 2980
BIC: EURBBE99 Europabank S.A.
Communication: “Brussels Dance Contest - Name and surname”
ATTENTION! 19.50 euros registration fee by PayPal
We also offer you the possibility to pay via PayPal.
However, this method causes additional costs of 1.50 euros (18 + 1.50 = 19.50 euros)
Communication: " Brussels Dance Contest - Name and surname ".
Any incomplete application or application arriving after the deadline will not be able to participate in the video selection.
2nd PHASE: VIDEO SELECTION / FROM 1 MARCH 2022 TO 21 MARCH 2022
The jury will select a maximum of 50 candidates. Its decisions are irrevocable. Candidates will be informed of the results of the video selections between 21 March 2022 and 28 March 2022. The selected dancers will be allowed to participate in the next phase of the competition (Phase 3: Semi-Final) which will take place in Brussels on the weekend of 24th and 25th September 2022 (details to be confirmed).
The semi-finalists will have six months to create their respective solo that will be presented at the semi-final in Brussels.